Flip Shelton is a writer, presenter, broadcaster, natural muesli maker and mum. She is currently writing for The New Daily, is completing her third cookbook and most recently co-hosted "Summer Feast" on 3AW during December and January 2017.
Flip has published two successful cookbooks:
Green (Hardie Grant, 2002) quickly sold out.
Veg In (Wakefield Press, 2011) won best Australian Vegetarian Cookbook for
2011 at the Worldwide Gourmand Worldwide Cookbook Awards.
Buy Veg In.
She has also published six children's books and a compilation of break-up letters (with Kate Langbroek).
Flip has written for TV Week and Australian Triathlete and contributed regularly to the Herald Sun's food, travel, TV and opinion pages (including her own column). She has recently been writing for The New Daily:
- Spring into food: the best seasonal ingredients
- Try the food detox that’s actually doable
- These dessert recipes are secretly good for you
- Twelve delicious ways to make porridge
- These foods will be your winter breakfast staples
- These vegetables make amazing, healthy chips
- One lump or two: my love affair with all things tea
- Why you’ve been drinking wine all wrong
- How to keep your avocados fresh
- The three-course meal is over – how will we eat in 2017?
Over 20 years, Flip has presented or appeared on pay TV and-free-to air programs, including:
- Huey's Cooking Adventures (180 episodes).
- Good Morning Australia with Bert Newton (4 years).
- Surprise Chef (3 seasons with Aristos and Herbie).
- Sunrise (All-Stars with Greg Cary and Kochie's Angels).
- Go For Your Life.
- Lifestyle Café.
- The Morning Show.
For ten years, Flip talked about food on 3RRR's:
- Eat It (Cam Smith).
- Breakfasters (Kate Langbroek, James Young, Chris Hatzis, Fee B2, Sam Pang and Tony Wilson).
She then spent seven years talking about TV on:
- 3AW daily (Neil Mitchell) and weekend (Denis Walter).
- 4BC morning (Greg Cary), afternoon (Peter Dick) and weekend (Ian Maurice).
Flip has also talked food, fitness and/or TV on:
- ABC 774.
- Fox FM.
- Triple M.
- Mix FM.
- Gold FM.
From 2001, Flip searched in vain for muesli she liked. When she began training for 'Ironman' events (3.8 km swim, 180 km bike ride, 42 km run) her need for food for energy and recovery became critical. Sick of waiting for a 'big' brand to get muesli right, Flip decided to do it herself.
In February 2006, she launched her own natural muesli range.
Today, as a parent and business owner, food is just as important to Flip. She's learnt that no matter what your age or occupation, you need a delicious and nutritious breakfast to get the most from yourself.
To this end, Flip has made it easy to 'eat like a king at breakfast' (an ancient yogi philosophy she subscribes to). Her natural breakfast range now includes six mueslis (including a gluten-free blend) and a five-grain porridge. And there's more on the way!
See The history of Flip's muesli to learn more.
Flip has a seven year old son, Harvey. Together they created the 'fruit & coconut natural muesli blend' for kids to enjoy. Harvey is now working on another blend which will be released soon.