- 1 cup Flip's five-grain porridge
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 125 g butter
- 3 tablespoons honey or golden or rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 150-160°C.
- Line a slice baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, combine porridge, flour, coconut and sugar and stir.
- In a saucepan, combine butter and honey or syrup over a low heat and stir until well combined.
- Pour butter combination into porridge mixture and stir.
- Mix together bicarb soda and water before adding to other ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until ingredients are well combined and form a thick mixture.
- Transfer mixture to slice tray, flatten and press gently into corners.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool a little before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into pieces and serve - with a cuppa, of course!